Happy New year sweet friends! I was is bed last night at 8 pm and feeling very old. We all felt rotten for not seeing in the New Year with family and friends as we had planned but we are jet lagged after returning home from the UK on the 30th. So this morning I woke up feeling hung over without any of the celebration to warrant it! I’ve decided not to make resolutions in the traditional sense… I seldom do but when I do they just stress me out. Instead I have a manifesto. Just for fun and hopefully to focus myself on getting stuff done:
A Knitter’s Manifesto!
In no particular order (and with every intention of changing the pattern and or yarn involved if I wish to) my manifesto is full of patterns I already have yarn for. This year I intend to work down my stash… no new yarn. Sadly this meant giving up my Space Cadet Club membership which was a bit of a tough decision to make because I so enjoy getting the surprise!
1. Silk-Cotton Jacket.. I’ve already gone off this pattern since choosing it a few days ago soooo… you know… knitter’s prerogative right?
2. Magic Treetop Tote as a project bag and just because its so dang delicious.
4. Hey Teach!
5. Fairy Castles (my needles are an utter mess)
6. My Seashore– I’ve already cast this one on. It is a delightful pattern!
8. Hitofude… I’ve been thinking about this one for a long time.
9. Gnome Homes– again messy needles seeking a good home.
11. Beekeeping all year.
14. Pumpkins… just because they are gorgeous!